Compassionate provider offers common gynecological surgeries for patients near Chicago,
The idea of gynecological surgeries can cause even the bravest patients some anxiety! Northwestern Women’s Health Associates , serving Chicago, and the areas near Chicago, strives to offer women gentle, personalized, and compassionate care. It’s why we utilize laparoscopic surgery for many common gynecological problems. We also are proud to use the da Vinci Xi Surgical System for robotic hysterectomies. We always work towards finding solutions that are effective, patient-centered and promote renewed and improved health.
Surgery done with this method is minimally invasive with faster recovery times. We use small incisions rather than large openings. We use a telescopic rod lens system, connected to a video camera. This transmits an image of the internal organs onto a monitor, allowing us to efficiently perform surgery.
Common surgeries performed this way:
- Endometriosis treatment: This is the most common procedure used to diagnose and remove endometriosis.
- Ovarian cyst removal.
- Removal of ovaries: Also referred to as oophorectomy, this surgery is sometimes necessary in cases of ovarian cancer or to help resolve a different disease such as endometriosis.
- Hysteroscopy to remove growths, such as fibroids and polyps from the interior of the uterus.
- Hysterectomies by Stanley Friedell MD and Marc Feldstein MD.
Da Vinci Xi Surgical System:
This system uses extreme magnification of the area being operated on. We can perform a surgery with more dexterity, increasing our efficiency for a minimally invasive surgery. This is done by Stanley Friedell MD in our practice.
Benefits of laparoscopic surgery and robotic surgery:
- Less scarring: The cuts made are smaller, for minimal scarring.
- Lower cost.
- Faster recovery time.
- Safer: The risk of infection drops dramatically with these surgical solutions.
- Less hospitalization: These methods require significantly less time in the hospital.
At Northwestern Women’s Health Associates , we continually strive to provide ways to improve your health. Call to schedule your consultation to find out the right solution for your needs. 312-440-9400.