Chicago doctor explains obstetrics care
The physicians at Northwestern Women’s Health Associates in Chicago, work with women who are seeking prenatal care from an obstetrician before starting a family. This leads to better care for the mother and her child. Obstetric services offered by our practice include:
- Family planning – Having a child is an important decision. So is not having a child. Our team works with women to determine which method of birth control is best for their unique situation. In cases that becoming pregnant is a challenge, we help them overcome obstacles that are preventing pregnancy.
- Pregnancy – From confirming pregnancy with advanced technology and establishing a gestational age and due date, an obstetrician can help in the early days of pregnancy.
- Prenatal care – Pregnancy complications can be minimized with nutritional counseling, blood work and ultrasounds, and regular physical exams. These appointments will become more frequent as the pregnancy progresses and are important components of ensuring health for the baby and the mother.
- Labor and Delivery – Bringing the child into the world in a manner that is safe and comfortable for the mother is a top concern for our team. Throughout the pregnancy, an obstetrician will monitor the baby’s size so that both the mother and the medical team know what to expect during delivery.
- Postnatal care – Ensuring that the baby and mother are recovering well immediately after delivery and making sure the new mom is adjusting well after pregnancy are important components of obstetric care.
If you’re looking for an obstetric physician to help ensure the best care for you and your baby, call the Northwestern Women’s Health Associates office. Our team is experienced in managing all types of pregnancy cases. They use the latest technologies with gentle and respectful care. Call today to schedule an appointment.