Schererville women want to understand natural birth control
Due to advances in medicine, today’s world offers more than just one or two reliable choices for female contraception. Multiple options, including the natural birth control method, exist. This allows each woman to find the choice that is the perfect fit for her. Northwestern Women’s Health Associates, serving the Merrillville area, is here to help. We take the time to get to know you, your lifestyle, and your wants. This allows us to help you make an informed choice as to your birth control option. Schedule your individualized consultation with us today to find out more!
What is female contraception?
Birth control prevents pregnancy. This allows you to plan when you have children.
Some types of birth control:
- Natural family planning method: To utilize this method, you track your menstrual cycle to predict when you will ovulate. During ovulation, you can either abstain from sex or use condoms to prevent pregnancy. This does have a higher failure rate, as ovulation does not always come as planned.
- The pill: This is a daily oral medication taken to prevent pregnancy by stopping ovulation.
- Vaginal ring: This simple method utilizes a flexible ring worn inside your vagina.
- IUD: 99% effective, the IUD is placed within your uterus. Depending on the type chosen they remain good from three to six years.
- Birth control shot: The shot is given by a health provider once every three months.
- The implant: This tiny rod is inserted into your arm. It keeps you from getting pregnant for up to four years.
- Birth control patch: The patch is safe, simple, and affordable. Worn on your belly, upper arm, buttocks, or back, this patch is good for three weeks before replacing.
Choosing the birth control option best for you:
It can be difficult deciding which birth control method is best for you. We will help you sort through the options and make the best decision for you. Call us today to set up an appointment. 312-440-9400.
Back to Blog Page